Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

SPSS Dimensions and Text Analysis for Surveys
Posted by: John Ellard
Title/Position: Associate Professor
School/Organization: University of Calgary
Sent to listserv of: SPSP, SPSSI, SESP
Date posted: November 30th, 2007

I recently attended a demonstration of some SPSS products that looking promising for data collection in the lab and for field research. I am interested in learning about researchers' experiences with any of the following SPSS products and will summarize and post responses:

SPSS Dimensions, especially:
mrInterview
mrInterview CATI
mrPaper and mrScan
mrTranslate

SPSS Text Analysis for Surveys

I am also interested in knowing if anyone using any of these products is using them through site licensing agreements.

All of these products appear to have been developed for market researchers (hence the "mr" in many of the product names) but appear to be very appropriate for social science research. mrInterview for instance looks to be a powerful package (e.g., in comparison with Survey Monkey) that supports online, paper, and telephone interview data collection in multiple languages.

John Ellard

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous