Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

For You or Your Classes
Posted by: Bella DePaulo
Title/Position: Visiting Professor of Psychology
School/Organization: University of California, Santa Barbara
Sent to listserv of: SPSP, SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: November 7th, 2007

Dear Colleagues,

• If you think that getting married makes people happier or healthier;

• If you want a compelling description of a pervasive prejudice that is often practiced totally without compunction (or even awareness);

• If you would like to identify and expose, perhaps for a cultural psych class, a highly influential ideology that is rarely recognized as such;

• If you would like real-life examples, maybe for research methods courses, of how research findings are misrepresented in the media, and sometimes even in scientific journals;

have I got a book for you.

Okay, it’s mine. “Singled Out: How Singles Are Stereotyped, Stigmatized, and Ignored, and Still Live Happily Ever After” is now available in paperback. The book (or parts of it) has already been used in classes in social psych, cultural psych, relationships, and women’s studies, at places such as Princeton, UCSB, Ohio University, Piedmont Virginia Community College, and the University of Virginia.

The paperback is reasonably priced at about $15 retail and about $10 on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Singled-Out-Singles-Stereotyped-Stigmatized/dp/0312340826/ref=ed_oe_p/102-4637341-6604139

For examination copy info, and special launch-week offers (such as Buy 2, Get 1 Free), follow this link: http://www.belladepaulo.com/specialoffer.htm

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy Singled Out.

--Bella DePaulo

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous