Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Conference on Weblogs and Social Media
Posted by: Sam Gosling
Title/Position: Associate Professor
School/Organization: University of Texas, Austin
Sent to listserv of: SPSP, SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: June 25th, 2007

Hi All,

Interested in blogs and other forms of social media (e.g., Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, Second Life, etc.)? If so, I encourage you to check out the International Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM) and to consider presenting your research there.

The next conference will be held in Seattle March 31-April 2nd 2008. The deadline for paper submissions is December 3rd 2007.

The initial call for papers is at: http://www.icwsm.org/2008/

Currently few social/personality psychologists go to this conference, but the organizers are very keen to encourage us to attend. Last year I presented my Facebook research and it fit in very well with the other talks. This forum will be particularly appealing to those you who enjoy cross-disciplinary interactions. For example, I found it very useful to learn about all the new tools the computer scientists and linguists have developed for tracking social phenomena.

Best, Sam Gosling

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous