Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

The Lucifer Effect Is Upon Us
Posted by: Phil Zimbardo
Title/Position: Emeritus Professor
School/Organization: Stanford University
Sent to listserv of: SPSP, SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: March 26th, 2007

Dear Colleagues:

I am pleased (actually excited) to call your attention to two new resources that might be of interest.

(1) Please visit the new web site that I have developed with the aid of Mike Lestik, to support and extend the ideas in my new book on the Lucifer Effect:

http://www.LuciferEffect.com/

The site offers a lot of original material that can be downloaded by teachers and students.

(2) THE LUCIFER EFFECT: UNDERSTANDING HOW GOOD PEOPLE TURN EVIL
Published on March 27, 2007, by Random House, available from Amazon.com for only $18.45 (a bargain for a hardcover 550-page book with two dozen images, 42 pages of notes, and a 17-page index). It presents core concepts in social psychology to the general public and uses the principles from the Stanford Prison Experiment to help explain the causes of the abuses at Abu Ghraib. There is also a new approach to resisting situational influences and a new psychology of heroism.

I hope you will consider buying it, using it in courses, and inviting others to look it over.

Thanks for your support,
Phil Zimbardo

On the Road Tour (LA/NYC/Boston)
For tour calendar, see www.LuciferEffect.com/tours.htm
One highlight: The Daily Show with Jon Stewart this Thursday!

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous