Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Measures of Motivation
Posted by: John D. Mayer
Title/Position: Professor
School/Organization: University of New Hampshire
Sent to listserv of: SPSP
Date posted: October 27th, 2006

Dear SPSP Listserv Member,

My colleagues and I are preparing a review of measures of motivation. As part of that review, we would like to better understand what social and personality psychologists consider to be the most important measures of motives in the discipline. We define importance broadly, in this context, to include a scale’s historical, theoretical, empirical, and applied significance. Put another way…

"What do you consider to be the most important measures (i.e., tests and scales) of motivation, either historically, or in use today?" If you could write a brief phrase or note as to why you have nominated a given scale or scales, that would be helpful as well.

Your responses would be appreciated. Please write to me at jack.mayer@unh.edu.

I will post a summary of responses on the listserv once they are compiled.

Sincerely,

--Jack

John D. Mayer

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous