Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Contest: Using Behavior Change to Curb Illegal Wildlife Traffic
Posted by: Maria Dabrowski
Title/Position: Senior Outreach Associate
School/Organization: Rare
Sent to listserv of: SPSSI
Date posted: January 7th, 2023

Happy New Year, all!

I hope this note finds you well. I'm María Isabel, and I'm the Senior Outreach Associate for the organization Rare, which works at the intersection between conservation and human behavior change.

I am sharing this post because Rare currently has a contest called “Solution Search: Changing Unsustainable Trade,” which focuses on curbing the illegal and unsustainable wildlife trade in Latin America and the Caribbean. We are looking for solutions based on human behavior change to stop the illegal trade, with a specific interest in local solutions with proven success. All relevant information can be found here:

https://solutionsearch.org/changing-unsustainable-trade

We have a prize of USD$20,000 for the two winning teams, and the deadline to register is February 28. Those eligible to apply are groups (NGOs, small governments, local groups, etc.) who are located and do work in Latin America/the Caribbean, or international groups who work in Latin America/the Caribbean.

Could you please share this competition within your networks to help us solicit applications, or let me know of individuals/groups who would be good candidates for this contest? It would be deeply appreciated.

If you have questions or concerns, I am more than happy to answer them (my email is mdabrowski@rare.org). Thank you so much for helping us find applicants for this important work, and thank you for all you do. Have a relaxing week!

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous