Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Unpublished Data? Meta-Analysis on Big Five and Behavior
Posted by: Nora Murphy
Title/Position: Professor of Psychology
School/Organization: Loyola Marymount University
Sent to listserv of: SESP
Date posted: April 8th, 2021

[Please pardon any repeat/cross-listed messages in my search for relevant data]

Dear Colleagues,

I am conducting a meta-analysis on the association between dynamic expressive behavior and the Big Five personality traits (preregistered here: https://aspredicted.org/blind.php?x=ba4xq9).

I am looking for grey literature *particularly unpublished data* which meet the following criteria:
• ≥ 10 participants from non-clinical populations, mean sample age is 18 or older
• Scores for any/all of the Big Five personality traits, as measured by existing, standardized tests (e.g., NEO-FFI, Eysenck Personality Questionnaire, etc.)
• Measurement of dynamic expressive behavior from the face, voice, speech, and body that is (potentially) visible during a social interaction
• Behavioral measurement from reliable judges/coders, automated methods, or other measurement techniques (data based on photographs, and behavioral data based on self-report and/or acquainted others are excluded)

Examples of voice/speech behaviors include acoustic properties, speech rate, verbal fluency, fillers, and other paralanguage variables. Examples of face behaviors include smiling, eye gaze, eye blinks, and nodding, among others. Examples of body behaviors include posture, gesturing, fidgeting, arm crossing, and the like. Note that expressive behaviors also may include observer-rated macro variables such as self-assured expression, dominant voice, confident posture, and the like.

I have conducted a thorough literature search of EBSCO databases, Web of Science, and ProQuest Dissertations. So my inquiry is focused on locating grey literature and unpublished data. If you have potentially relevant data, I would be especially appreciative if you contact me by June 1, 2021. I can provide the complete inclusion criteria, requested variables for analysis, and/or answer any further questions: nora.murphy@lmu.edu

I am excited about the project and hope to include as many studies and as much data as possible. Thank you for your time and consideration of my request.

Kindly,
Nora A. Murphy, PhD
Professor of Psychology
Loyola Marymount University

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous