Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

New Book on Ableism ~ Disability Prejudice
Posted by: Michelle Reyna Nario-Redmond
Title/Position: Professor of Psychology
School/Organization: Hiram College
Sent to listserv of: SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: September 6th, 2019

I am excited to share the news that my book: Ableism: The Causes and Consequences of Disability Prejudice is now available from Wiley.com.

With a background in Disability Studies and the psychology of stereotyping and prejudice, I have compiled convergent evidence of the many forms of ableism that disabled people face, along with the reasons that drive fears, curiosities, and good intentions in ways that perpetuate inequality and misunderstanding. Disentangling the roots of disability prejudice, this accessible volume describes specific strategies for combating distinct forms of ableism and the individual and coalitional approaches used to resist discrimination and promote human rights.

I hope that you find this to be an essential resource for organizations, student scholars, activists and allies dedicated to inclusion, equal opportunity, and the application of research to advance social justice. For a limited time, Wiley is offering a 20% discount. Just enter the promo code: BBR56 at the end of the ordering process, or visit my website: www.ableismbook.com

I am honored to be publishing this volume for the Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues. Please feel free to share this information with colleagues. I appreciate the support.

In Solidarity,

Michelle R. Nario-Redmond, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Hiram College

Attachment: Ableismbook Flyer.pdf

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous