Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Support my Students' Social Justice Efforts
Posted by: Mary Kite
Title/Position: Professor
School/Organization: Ball State University
Sent to listserv of: SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: March 6th, 2013

Dear Colleagues:

I am writing to ask you to support my students' project and to ask your own students to do so as well. Specifically, this semester, I am leading 14 students in a seminar called "Breaking the Prejudice Habit." An important part of our project is our social media campaign: AHAA (Awareness, Harmony, Acceptance Advocates). We hope to increase Awareness of discrimination, Harmony between groups and Acceptance of all people’s similarities and differences. We will be putting together an eBook with information and activities as well. The Social Psychology Network is a community partner in our efforts.

Supporting our cause is simple! Just search Facebook for AHA Advocates (or follow this link --> http://www.facebook.com/AHAAdvocates) and like our page. After doing this you and your students can post questions, interact with status updates, send us interesting news clips, articles, etc. and get involved in the conversation.

Follow us on Twitter @AHA_Advocates (or follow this link --> https://twitter.com/AHA_advocates). With this social media outlet, we would appreciate tweets to us about interesting facts, questions, comments and general support of diversity.

We thank you for your time and hope that you will help us to have the conversation of diversity on a larger scale!

AHA Advocates
BreakingThePrejudiceHabit@gmail.com

Mary Kite
mkite@bsu.edu

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous