Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Measuring Facial Symmetry
Posted by: Roy Spina
Title/Position: Senior Lecturer (a.k.a. Associate Professor)
School/Organization: University of Chichester
Sent to listserv of: SPSP, SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: February 21st, 2013

Dear Researchers,

I posted a request for information about measuring facial symmetry and I received 3 replies.

One was about a Professor in Vienna who wrote his own software, but I contacted him in October and he has not responded.

Another was about http://www.symmeter.com/. I tried this, but there seems to be alot of variability in scores depending on options you choose, so I wasn't convinced of the validity of the scores in the end. This could however be useful for teaching demonstrations.

The 3rd response was, in my opinion, the option with the highest validity (see attached article):

(from email): We recently published an article on facial symmetry. We used the most common and up to date method...the software is free and somewhat easy to figure out. The article is attached.

I hope that helps,

Best regards,

Roy

Attachment: 2011 Holtzman, Augustine, Senne JRP.pdf

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous