Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Experimental Investigations of Charitable Giving
Posted by: Miles Thompson
Title/Position: Senior Lecturer in Psychology
School/Organization: Canterbury Christ Church University
Sent to listserv of: SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: September 11th, 2012

Dear Listsserv Subscribers:

I am struggling to locate a certain subset of the social psychology literature. I am trying to find studies which use experimental or lab-based settings to investigate charitable giving / donations.

While I can find many examples of research that are questionnaire based and / or influenced by the theory of planned behaviour (e.g., Smith and McSweeney 2007 or Knowles, Hyde and White, 2012), I have been unable to locate any experimental studies.

Please let me know if you are aware of any research that examines charitable giving / donations in an experimental setting, especially if they include the manipulation of variables.

With thanks,
Miles

Dr. Miles Thompson
Senior Lecturer in Psychology
Department of Applied Social Sciences
Canterbury Christ Church University
North Holmes Campus, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1QU

Email: miles.thompson@canterbury.ac.uk

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous