Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Stimuli for Scrambled Sentence Test
Posted by: Michael Suvak
Title/Position: Assistant Professor
School/Organization: Suffolk University
Sent to listserv of: SPSP, SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: July 6th, 2012

Greetings,

I am working on setting up a study that incorporates a Scrambled Sentence Test originally developed by Srull and Wyer (1979) with similar versions used by Bargh, Chen, & Burrows, 1996; Inns-Ker & Niedenthal, 2002, and others. I am writing to see if anyone has the complete set of stimuli used in any published studies. Specifically I am looking to conceptually prime anger and fear and use a neutral scrambled sentence task as a control condition.

If you have a Scrambled Sentence Test stimuli set from any published study and would be willing to share, I would be eternally grateful. This would help me from reinventing the wheel and worrying about having to conduct an initial validity study of any task that I would create myself. Hopefully, this will get you some good research karma (If I had more to offer, I would).

Thank you for considering this request.

Best,

Michael Suvak
Suffolk University
msuvak@suffolk.edu

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous