Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Requesting IAT-Criterion Papers for Meta-Analysis
Posted by: Hart Blanton
Title/Position: Professor
School/Organization: University of Connecticut
Sent to listserv of: SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: December 13th, 2011

My colleagues and I are conducting a meta-analysis on IAT-criterion relations, and we are interested in obtaining unpublished reports (e.g., poster presentations, conference papers, dissertations) or in-press papers linking IAT data to attitudinal, emotional, behavioral, cognitive and/or neurolotical criteria.

The only constraint is that the IAT should be related to racial categories (e.g., White versus Black; European American vs. African American) or other intergroup comparisons (e.g., Turks versus Germans; Citizens vs. Foreigners), with the one exception that we are not focusing on gender-based associations. The IAT can measure attitude-related associations (e.g., positive versus negative; good versus bad) or stereotype-related or attribute-related associations (e.g., hostile versus friendly; intelligent versus unintelligent). This request includes (but is not limited to) studies with IAT measuring associations relevant to (1) race, (2) nationality, (3) ethnicity, (4) overweight, and (5) religion.

We are seeking both studies that report statistically significant IAT-criterion relations and studies that report statistically nonsignificant IAT-criterion relations. We are interested in studies that support major hypotheses and those that do not.

To be included in our analysis, send your paper to my email (hart.blanton@uconn.edu) by December 31, 2011.

Thanks,
Hart Blanton

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous