Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Two New Handbooks
Posted by: Arie Kruglanski
Title/Position: Distinguished University Professor
School/Organization: University of Maryland
Sent to listserv of: SPSP, SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: December 7th, 2011

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

I wanted to draw your attention to two volumes that my colleagues and I have edited this year. Both are general handbooks that bear on the field of social psychology in what to us appear as essential ways. The first is the handbook of social psychological theories edited by Paul van Lange, Tory Higgins, and myself. The two volumes of this handbook are unique in covering not only most (over 30) social psychological theories, but also in covering them in a highly personalized manner aimed at depicting the manner of their construction and how they developed.

The second volume, edited by Wolfgang Stroebe and myself, is the Handbook of the History of Social Psychology. Each chapter in this handbook recounts the history of a given domain of social psychology, its heroes, its trajectory, its milestones. We edited these two volumes to take stock of where the field is now, where has it come from, and where is it going.

I invite you to check out both handbooks!

Cheers,
Arie

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous