Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Upcoming Television Broadcast
Posted by: Jerry M. Burger
Title/Position: Professor
School/Organization: Santa Clara University
Sent to listserv of: SPSP
Date posted: October 24th, 2011

I wanted to alert social psychologists to a program that will air on the Discovery Channel Sunday, October 30th (8:00 or 9:00 pm, depending on where you live). It's part of a series called "Curiosity." Each episode in the series presents a question and then asks scientists and scholars to comment. The upcoming show looks at the causes of "evil" behavior from various perspectives, including the social psychological perspective. I helped out with the production, and we even ran some individuals through the modified Milgram procedure I developed a few years ago. I'm hopeful the program will be more scholarly than sensational, but of course, it's all in the hands of the producer. The first show in the series featured Stephen Hawking, and it was well-done. So we'll see.

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous