Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Request for Studies
Posted by: Carlton Fong
Title/Position: Researcher
School/Organization: University of Texas at Austin
Sent to listserv of: SPSP
Date posted: June 29th, 2011

Hello,

My name is Carlton Fong, and I am currently conducting a research synthesis on the effects of negative feedback on intrinsic motivation with Dr. Erika Patall of the University of Texas at Austin. I am interested in any and all studies that report a relationship between negative feedback and any intrinsic motivation measure (interest, enjoyment, time spent on task, etc.) or examine differences in receiving negative feedback and positive feedback (praise) or no valence feedback (neutral) on intrinsic motivation. Note that I would be interested in studies that incorporated negative feedback even if it was not the central focus of the study (e.g., it was examined primarily as a moderator) as long as its effect on intrinsic motivation can be derived.

While it is quite easy to locate published studies, unpublished reports are much more difficult to find. If you have or know of any such studies and are willing to share them, I would very much appreciate hearing from you. These types of documents include conference presentations, unpublished dissertations, or in press manuscripts.

We welcome any unpublished data (e.g., technical reports, raw  data, unpublished dissertations/theses) that report a relationship between negative feedback and intrinsic motivation or compare valence feedback types on intrinsic motivation.

For electronic copies, please send them to carlfong@gmail.com. If you do not have an electronic copy of these materials and would like to be reimbursed for postage, please include a bill for postage and copying costs with your correspondence.

Paper materials may be sent to:
Carlton Fong
Department of Educational Psychology
The University of Texas at Austin
1 University Station, D5800
Austin, TX  78712-0383

Although we can offer little more than our gratitude for your assistance, we will formally cite all viable data we receive in a comprehensive meta-analysis that is quickly nearing completion.

Any information that you may be able to provide will be quite helpful for this study.  I will send you a copy of our final report if you respond.

Thank you so much,

Carlton Fong
carlfong@gmail.com

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous