Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Environmental Counseling
Posted by: Christos Giannoulis
Title/Position: Environmental Social Scientist
School/Organization: University of the Aegean
Sent to listserv of: SPSP, SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: September 10th, 2010

Hi all,

It was assigned to me from my University Department the responsibility to develop and deliver a seminar workshop in environmental counseling with emphasis on natural disasters.

This course consists of 5 hours lectures based on environmental counseling on natural disasters and 10 hours experiential workshop. My audience will be Greek unemployed teachers (the most difficult audience for me!).

The 5 hours workshop will include approximately 50 people, while the experiential workshop will include approximately 10-15 people.

In Greece, this is a pretty new field. Although this is a very important topic, it is peripheral to my research background. Recently, I have finished my Ph.D. in Environmental Education and Interpretation. Communications skills and especially interpretive skills are always important in every field, but wise recommendations from experts on counseling are most invaluable.

Therefore, I would be most grateful if you could help me set up this seminar course with your recommendations.

For example, I was wondering if you would be so kind to share with me your thoughts regarding the important topics that I should introduce to my audience during the 5 hours theory part. What is more, it's crucial for me to get your opinion about what would be a well articulated 10 hours experiential workshop on natural hazards and disasters.

Furthermore, I would greatly appreciate if you could recommend the most important references that I should take into consideration.

Last, but (believe me) not least, it would be a great help if you could send my any relevant presentations of your lecture/workshops that may help me survive this demanding audience, because I do not want to reinvent the wheel.

I would like to thank you very much in advance for your invaluable support and cooperation. I am looking forward to receiving a reply at your earliest convenience.

Yours sincerely,
Christos

---------------------------------

Christos Giannoulis, Ph.D.
University of the Aegean
Department of Environment
Research Centre of Environmental Education & Communication
Mytilene, 81100 Lesvos Island
Greece Office
Tel/Fax: +302251036234
Home: +302251045037
Mobile: +306977026632

Thank you for considering the environment before printing this email.

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous