Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Facial Recognition Assistance
Posted by: Steve Ellyson
Title/Position: Professor of Psychology
School/Organization: Youngstown State University
Sent to listserv of: SPSP, SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: December 21st, 2009

Hello all,

I have a friend in Computer Science who has done a fair amount of work on facial recognition by computers. He is now quite interested in the area of facial recognition by humans. His main concern is recognition accuracy and facial distinctiveness, but is also interested in second-guess issues.

He will be using hand drawn sketches made by artists as well as pictures generated by computer and has asked me if I can lead him in the most efficient direction to the most current theories and research in this area from the psychological perspective. He has a good handle, it seems, on the computer side of these issues, with distinctiveness algorithms, etc.

This is not an area I know much about (I’m thinking biometrics and cognitive?), so I am asking for direction from the collective expertise of you fine folks.

I will, of course, post follow-up results of this query.

And, lastly, I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season.

Steve Ellyson

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous