Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Changes in NSF Social Psychology Program
Posted by: Amber Story
Title/Position: Deputy Director, BCS
School/Organization: National Science Foundation
Sent to listserv of: SPSP, SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: December 12th, 2009

Dear Esteemed Colleagues,

It is with mixed emotions that I inform you that I am no longer a program director for the Social Psychology program at the National Science Foundation (NSF). Effective immediately, my new role at NSF is the Deputy Director of the Division of Behavioral and Cognitive Sciences (BCS), the division that houses Social Psychology, as well as Developmental and Learning Sciences, Cognitive Neuroscience, Linguistics, Anthropology, and Geography, among others.

Rest assured that the Social Psychology program is in the excellent hands of my fellow program director and colleague, Dr. Kellina Craig-Henderson. Kelli and I have partnered in sharing the management responsibilities for the program since her arrival at NSF in 2005. Kelli came to NSF as a visiting scientist from her position on the faculty of Howard University, where she was promoted to the rank of Full Professor. Her research expertise is in the area of groups, cross-cultural, gender, and race stereotyping, and aggression. Kelli became a permanent program officer in 2007, and, in addition to her responsibilities to the Social Psychology program, she serves as the Human Subjects Research Protections Officer for the entire Foundation.

There will likely be an announcement posted soon for the position of program director of Social Psychology, as a rotator. The division may consider an immediate appointment if a qualified candidate has availability this Spring. he division has some flexibility in discussing the terms of the appointment. I would encourage you to seriously consider this unique opportunity to learn more about NSF and its operations, to gain an appreciation of the depth, breadth, and innovation of the social psychological sciences, and to play an important role in directing that science. As soon as that announcement is available, Kelli or I will notify you through the field’s listserves.

It has been my distinct honor and privilege to work with all of you over the past six years. I am very proud of the science the Social Psychology program at NSF has been able to support. And I am thankful to have had this opportunity to meet so many of you and hope that I have served you and the field well. I hope to continue to serve you and the broader behavioral and cognitive scientific community in my new position as Deputy Director of BCS.

Best wishes,
Amber Story

Amber L. Story, Ph.D.
Deputy Division Director
Division of Behavioral and Cognitive Sciences
National Science Foundation
4200 Wilson Blvd.
Suite 995
Arlington VA 22230

Email: astory@nsf.gov
Voice: (703) 292-7249
Fax: (703) 292-9068