Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Tenure Track Position in I/O Psychology
Posted by: Leslie Ashburn-Nardo
Title/Position: Assistant Professor of Psychology
School/Organization: Indiana University--Purdue University Indianapolis
Sent to listserv of: SPSP, SPSSI
Date posted: June 10th, 2009

Colleagues:

Please share the below ad with anyone who might be interested in a tenure track position in I/O Psychology. Thanks!

The Department of Psychology at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) invites applications for a tenure-track position in INDUSTRIAL/ORGANIZATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY (open rank) to begin August 2010.

The I/O program is a highly selective, research- intensive masters program. We are seeking an outstanding researcher and teacher to complement the four current I/O faculty. The area of specialization is open, but candidates who are strong in methods/statistics and/or who will create synergistic collaborations within the Department will be given strong consideration. Most importantly, we are looking for faculty who will be able to (a) maintain a productive research program and seek external funding, (b) demonstrate excellence in teaching and supervising masters and undergraduate students, and (c) be actively involved in our I/O Psychology masters program and I/O undergraduate concentration. Applicants at the Associate or Full Professor level must have a demonstrated record of research excellence, evidence of the ability to generate resources and a strong record of mentoring students. Tenure may be offered to senior candidates, depending on the candidate's qualifications. For all hires, a reduced initial teaching load and start-up funds are provided.

The Department has 25 full-time faculty, 500 undergraduate majors, and approximately 60 graduate students enrolled in programs in Industrial/Organizational (M.S.), Clinical (Ph.D.), and Psychobiology of Addictions (Ph.D.). Additional information about the department and I/O program may be found at www.psych.iupui.edu. IUPUI is one of the top 15 American universities to watch according to U.S. News and World Report and is a campus renowned for service learning and civic engagement. It is also Indiana's premier urban public research institution, with more than 200 degree programs enrolling over 30,000 students (www.iupui.edu). IUPUI is located near downtown Indianapolis, the twelfth largest city in the United States. The city uniquely combines the cultural amenities of urban life with the residential qualities of smaller communities, and at the same time is highly affordable. As the major center for industry and government within the state, Indianapolis has a wide variety of research and training sites.

Applications from women and from minority candidates are strongly encouraged. IUPUI is an AA/EEO employer and is aggressively recruiting minority and female applicants to bring greater diversity to its workforce.

Applicants should send electronic copies of a cover letter, a vita, research and teaching statements, and up to three representative publications to psychsc@iupui.edu with “I/O Search” in the subject line. Also, applicants should arrange to have three letters of reference submitted separately by the writers to the same email address. Review of the applications will begin on October 1, 2009, and continue until the position is filled.

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous