Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Death of Bob Zajonc
Posted by: Phil Zimbardo
Title/Position: Professor Emeritus
School/Organization: Stanford University
Sent to listserv of: SPSP, SPSSI, SESP
Date posted: December 8th, 2008

Dear Colleagues,

We have lost one of the giants in psychology when Robert Zajonc died from cancer on December 3, 2008. He passed away in his sleep at home in the presence of his family. His wife, Hazel Markus, had an open house this past Saturday, which many of his former colleagues and students from around the country attended and gave testimonies to the enormous impact that Bob had on their careers and personal values.

I have known Bob since we taught together in 1966 in Belgium at the first European Summer School in Experimental Social Psychology, and co-taught a graduate course at Stanford on Mass Murder and Genocide. I will miss him dearly.

I assume there will be a follow-up message about donations to a preferred charity you may wish to make in Bob's memory.

Ciao,
Phil Zimbardo

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous