Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

New Solicitation of Interest
Posted by: Amber Story
Title/Position: Program Director, Social Psychology
School/Organization: National Science Foundation
Sent to listserv of: SPSP, SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: August 1st, 2008

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce a new funding opportunity that may be of interest to many of you. A joint solicitation between NSF and DoD called "Social and Behavioral Dimensions of National Security, Conflict, and Cooperation (NSCC)" was just announced late yesterday and can be found at:

http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=503294&org=SBE&from=home

There are four topical areas of interest in this year's solicitation. They are:

* New Approaches to Understanding Dimensions of National Security, Conflict, and Cooperation (note, this area is designed to be very open and encompassing)
* Studies of Terrorist Organization and Ideologies
* Studies of the Strategic Impact of Religious and Cultural Change
* Studies of Political, Cultural, and Social Dynamics Under Authoritarian Regimes

There are three levels of awards:

* Workshops (NSCC/W): Up to an all inclusive total of $50,000 to $150,000, for a duration of one year.
* Small Award Grants (NSCC/SA): Up to an all inclusive total of $500,000, over a duration of two to three years.
* Large Award Grants (NSCC/LA): Up to an all inclusive total of $2 million per year for a duration of three to five years.

Letters of Intent are required for the small and large award categories and are due Sept. 30, 2008. Full proposals are due October 30, 2008.

I believe that there is a role for social psychology to play here, and I strongly encourage you to consider this new funding opportunity. I am the program officer for the NSCC program and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Sincerely,
Amber Story

Amber L. Story, Ph.D.
Program Director, Social Psychology
National Science Foundation
Division of Behavioral and Cognitive Sciences
4201 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 995
Arlington, VA 22230
Voice: (703) 292-7249
Fax: (703) 292-9068
Email: astory@nsf.gov

Return to Top