Job Posting Forum
| || Psychophysiology Researcher || |
| || |
| || || || |
A Psychophysiology Researcher is being sought for a private neuromarketing and media research company headquartered in Austin, Texas. MediaScience® conducts research for major television and media companies such as ESPN, ABC, Disney Channel, A&E, and Hulu, as well as national advertisers. We apply the rigor of experimental research to the evaluation of various media and advertising platforms using a variety of research tools and methods including psychophysiology, eye tracking, facial coding, reaction time, and survey. We are always exploring additional new methods that might complement our toolbox.
MediaScience® is looking for a researcher with experience in psychophysiology and biometric measurement and data analysis. Experience with psychophysiological measurement (esp. electrodermal activity and heart rate), a focus on quantitative research, and academic English skills in written and oral communication are preferred. Applicants must have lab experience with human participants and biometric measurement equipment such as Biopac and/or ADinstruments. A Master’s degree or Ph.D. in psychology (or related field) is preferred.
• Experience with psychophysiology research
• Experience with and solid understanding of MatLab
• Strong statistical analysis skills and able to apply these skills in MatLab, SPSS, or similar statistical software
• Ability to work with large data sets
• An understanding of the value of all types of data collected
• A solid understanding of experimental procedures
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Professional demeanor
• Positive attitude
• High level of teamwork
• Ability to be thorough with even small tasks
• Willingness to learn
Applicants with experience in the following areas will be strongly considered for the position (but this experience is not required):
• Social Science (esp. Psychology) research experience
• Lab experience
• Experimental research
• Biometric equipment (such as PsychLab, Biopac, ADinstruments, etc.)
Pay and Hours
The Psychophysiology Researcher is a full-time position and will work 40 hours per week. Pay is commensurate with experience. The lab is open 7 days per week, from 8:30AM to 9:00PM, so shift flexibility can be discussed.
Applicants are currently being considered to immediately fill one full-time position. If you are interested, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Psychophysiology Researcher” in the job description:
(1) Why you are interested in this position
(2) Your resume or C.V.
(3) Start date (Immediate opening)
| || || |
| || |