Job Posting Forum
| || Lab Manager || |
| || |
| || || || |
Lab Manager for Dr. Edward Hirt’s Social Psychology of Motivation and Performance Lab at Indiana University
The Social Psychology of Motivation and Performance Lab at Indiana University is seeking a part time (20hrs/week) Lab Manager. The lab is run by Dr. Edward Hirt in the social psychology area of IU’s Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences. For more information on the lab, please visit http://www.indiana.edu/~hirtlab/
The initial appointment will be for one year, with the possibility of extending to additional years based on performance and availability of funds. The position will start in August 2016. This position is ideal for individuals who wish to pursue graduate school in the future, and we are seeking an individual who is truly passionate about pursuing a research career in social psychology.
The main duties of the Lab Manager include:
• Overseeing our team of undergraduate research assistants, including coordination, scheduling, training, etc.
• Participation in weekly lab meetings
• Maintenance of the lab, including purchasing supplies and software, overseeing software licenses, and upkeep of lab website
• Resolving issues with research participants
• Maintaining IRB protocols
• Assisting Dr. Hirt and his graduate students with experiment design, data collection, and data analysis
• Bachelor’s degree in psychology
• 1 or more year of research experience in social psychology, preferably in areas related to self-regulation
• Knowledge of psychological research methods
• Outstanding organizational skills, multitasking, efficiency, timeliness, and the ability to work independently
• Preferably some experience with Excel, Qualtrics, MediaLab, MTurk, and SPSS
To apply, please submit a cover letter detailing your past experience, qualifications, and interest in the lab, and a CV/resume with a section listing the names and contact information of at least 2 references to Dr. Edward Hirt at email@example.com.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than 6/15/16.
| || || |
| || |