Job Posting Forum
| || PhD Scholarship in Cancer and Fertility || |
| || |
| || || || |
Centre for Health Research, University of Western Sydney
Cancer and Fertility PhD Research Scholarship
Applications are invited from a highly motivated graduate seeking to undertake a PhD as part of an ARC Linkage project “The construction and experience of fertility in the context of cancer: patient, partner and health professional perspectives.” This project is a collaboration between the Centre for Health Research (UWS), and the Cancer Council New South Wales, National Breast Cancer Foundation, CanTeen, Westmead Hospital, Nepean Hospital, and Family Planning NSW.
About the project
The aims of the project are to investigate the construction and experience of fertility post-cancer for people with cancer and their partners, using a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods; examine the constructs underpinning the perspectives of professional stakeholders; and to develop a psycho-educational information package, which will be evaluated. The PhD student will focus on one area of research within the broader project, working in collaboration with the project team.
The successful applicant should:
• hold a Bachelor Honours degree or research Master degree in a psychology or related field and/or equivalent qualifications and experience;
• be highly motivated to undertake research;
• possess excellent communication and writing skills; and
• have strong analytical skills.
What does the scholarship provide?
• Tax free stipend of $33,728 per annum and a funded place in the doctoral degree.
• Funding may also available for project costs
Need more information?
• Contact Professor Jane Ussher to discuss the project: email@example.com or 02 9772 6720
• Contact the Research Training, Policy and Programs Officer to discuss enrolment and scholarships: Ms Sandra Lawrence: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
• Submit an application form, research proposal and CV by the closing date. Details of what to include in your research proposal can be found at:
The application form can be downloaded from the web:
Applications close: 24 February 2012
| || || |
| || |