Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Seeking unpublished data
Posted by: Xin Sun
Title/Position: Ph.D. Candidate
School/Organization: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Sent to listserv of: SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: March 15th, 2022

Dear Colleagues,   

My name is Xin Sun, and I am a Ph.D. candidate at the University of Michigan (UM) and am writing today to ask for your help with a meta-analysis project I've been working on, in collaboration with Dr. Han Zhang (at UM) and Professor Akira Miyake (at the University of Colorado, Boulder). This meta-analysis project concerns the relationship between self-control and social desirability. In order to include as many studies and datasets as possible, we are requesting any unpublished data that meets the following criteria:  

* Contains a measure of social desirability measured by the Marlowe-Crowne Social Desirability Scale, Balanced Inventory of Desirable Response, or Social Desirability Scale-17
* Contains a measure of self-control measured by the Self-control Scale from Tangney et al. (2004)
* Has correlational values for the relations between social desirability and self-control (or sufficient data to compute these values) 

If you have data (especially recently published, in press, and unpublished) that fit the criteria above, or you know of others who may have data, please contact me at sunxin@umich.edu. In addition, if you have published data that fit the criteria that you would like to ensure they are included, please also reach out.  

Thank you!  

Xin Sun

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous