Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Job Posting Forum

Forum Home Page

Click the button below to have new job openings emailed to you when they match criteria you provide. To disable existing alerts or change your earlier preferences, click here.

Search the Forum
Search jobs posted from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Jobs

Endowed Professor in I/O Psychology
Institution/Organization: University of Texas at Arlington
Job Location: Texas, U.S.A.
Job Type: Tenure-Track
Contact Person: Paul Paulus
Date Posted: February 10th, 2016
Web Site: http://www.uta.edu/psychology/

Search Code COS08292014PSYIO
Endowed Chair Position in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Department of Psychology
The University of Texas at Arlington

The Industrial and Organizational Psychology Program at the University of Texas at Arlington proudly announces the establishment of three Endowed I/O Professorships created to celebrate the distinguished careers of three generous benefactors:

 The A. Dale Thompson Professor of Leadership
 The C. Lewis Hollweg Professor of Industrial and Organizational Psychology
 The Phillip C. Roark Professor of Talent Development & Technology

These Endowments represent an unprecedented collaborative achievement between the University and the booming Dallas-Ft. Worth business community and are an example of the tremendous energy and support that surrounds our program. Each Professorship specialization exemplifies a vital aspect of contemporary I/O Psychology.

We invite applications for a full-time tenured appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. A Ph.D. in I/O Psychology or closely related field (e.g., organizational development, organizational behavior) is required. Candidates should complement and strengthen the current areas of the I/O Program and should focus on an area of specialization pertaining to one of the Endowed Professorships. An interest in entrepreneurship is desirable for the Hollweg professorship. The successful applicant must have an emerging or developed scholarly reputation. We are interested in individuals with a proven record of excellence in research, teaching, and service, as well as evidence of strong external funding. In addition, qualified individuals are expected to supervise student internships and research (M.S. and Ph.D.) and teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.

This is an exceptional opportunity to influence and advance a growing program including bringing on junior faculty, refining the I/O MS program, enhancing the I/O Ph.D. track, and broadening collaborations within and outside of the University community.

Completed applications should consist of a curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests and goals, a statement of teaching interests and evidence of teaching quality, and the names and contact information of three references. For more information see our full ad and information about our I/O program on our departmental website:

http://www.uta.edu/psychology/

Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. Inquiries about this position may be directed to Professor Paul Paulus (email paulus@uta.edu; phone 817-272-1206). We prefer applications in Adobe PDF format submitted electronically to Betty Keyes at bkeyes@uta.edu. Print applications can be mailed to I/O Psychology Search Committee, Box 19528, Arlington, TX 76019.

UT Arlington is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous