Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Meta-Analysis Data Request
Posted by: Matthew Montoya
Title/Position: Associate Professor
School/Organization: University of Dayton
Sent to listserv of: SESP
Date posted: September 20th, 2015

Dear colleagues,

We are in the process of conducting a meta-analysis on the association between self-reported interpersonal attraction and behavioral expressions of attraction. To minimize the biased sampling of only published studies, we are asking investigators for their results of any of their unpublished studies that include a measure of self-reported interpersonal attraction and assessments of behavior related to attraction (e.g., seating distance, amount of eye contact, body orientation, etc.).

We are interested in:
*Studies that ask participants to (1) self-report levels of attraction to a second person (i.e., partner, classmate, teacher, etc.) and then (2) obtain some measure of behavior toward said person.

*Studies that ask participants to (1) interact with an unknown person or relationship partner, and then (2) ask for self-reported attraction of said person.

A few additional points:
**Assessments of attraction assessed via self-report may include emotional assessments or intentions to behave in a particular way toward the target person. For example,
- "I like him/her."
- "I would like to spend time with him/her."
- "I would ask this person out on a date."
**Behavioral expression of attraction could include: measured chair distance, seating distance, amount of time spent talking, eye contact, genuine smiles, request to contact the person in the future, etc.
- Participants must actually engage in the behavior that is measured, rather than simply stating/reporting that they would perform a certain behavior (e.g., asking participants to self-report what they would do).

Please send any unpublished papers, data, or brief references to your published (or in press) papers to kershawc1@udayton.edu. If you have any questions or would like more details, please contact us.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Matthew Montoya & Christie Kershaw
University of Dayton

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous