Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Positive Psychology MOOC
Posted by: Barbara Fredrickson
Title/Position: Kenan Distinguished Professor
School/Organization: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Sent to listserv of: SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: January 17th, 2015

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Please help spread the word to students and others: I'm offering a new Positive Psychology MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) that is available for free on Coursera starting February 9.

The course not only gives students insight into the latest scientific work from my own lab and the labs of others, it also features practical applications of this science that students can put to use immediately. Topics of study include positive emotions, creativity and resilience, love and connection, as well as flourishing and physical health.

Students who take this course will become conversant in leading-edge theory and evidence straight from my PEP Lab, including work that measures the benefits of positive emotions for your heart and your immune system.

Anyone can sign up for this free six-week course at:

https://www.coursera.org/course/positivepsych

No background in science or psychology is needed.

See you in class!

-- Barb

Barbara L. Fredrickson, Ph.D.
Kenan Distinguished Professor
Director, Social Psychology Doctoral Program
Department of Psychology
Davie Hall, CB 3270
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous