Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

Seeking Data on Hormonal Contraceptives and Mood
Posted by: Amanda Hahn
Title/Position: Assistant Professor
School/Organization: Humboldt State University
Sent to listserv of: SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: May 24th, 2018

Dear Colleagues,

We are conducting a meta-analysis on the effects of hormonal contraceptives on women’s mood and affect. We are seeking unpublished or in-press studies.

-The study should be a within-subject design, with mood/affect data collected when using and not using hormonal contraceptives. We welcome data from contraceptive initiation studies (i.e., a pre-HC initiation and post-HC initiation measure) as well as contraceptive cessation studies (i.e., a using HC and discontinued HC use measure)

-The study can include any measure of mood or affect, whether a validated scale (e.g., BDI, PANAS) or a single question (e.g., please rate your mood)

This project has been preregistered on OSF, and you can find more information here: https://osf.io/4wfeq/

If you have any data that meets these criteria, we would love to include it in our analysis.

Please email manuscripts, reports, or any files that would be useful. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best Regards,

Erica Motter & Amanda Hahn
erica.motter@humboldt.edu

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous