Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Listserv Message Center

Forum Home Page

If you are a professional with a Ph.D. related to social psychology and wish to send an email message to the SPSSI or SESP listserv, click on the button below.

RSS Feed  Note: SPN also distributes any messages posted through this service to more than 263,000 of its own Twitter and RSS feed subscribers, thereby allowing users to reach a wider audience than the two listservs do.

Search the Archive
Search postings from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Archive

New Book: Ageism (2nd Edition)
Posted by: Todd Nelson
Title/Position: Professor of Psychology
School/Organization: California State University
Sent to listserv of: SESP, SPSSI
Date posted: June 15th, 2017

Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce the publication of a new book I have edited called "Ageism: Stereotyping and Prejudice Against Older Persons (2nd Ed.)" (MIT Press). The book chapters are written by experts in psychology, social work, gerontology, and geriatrics, and each chapter focuses on the latest theory and research on a particular aspect of prejudice against older persons. As 77 million Baby Boomers have begun retiring, research on ageism is particularly timely, as the census bureau estimates that by 2030, the number of people over age 65 in the U.S. will double.

I encourage you to visit the publisher website for the book for more details:

https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/ageism-0

I hope you and your students find this volume useful and thought provoking as you explore prejudice against older persons. Feel free to email me (tnelson@csustan.edu) with any questions.

Best wishes,

Todd Nelson, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Department of Psychology
California State University – Stanislaus
1 University Circle
Turlock, CA 95382
Office: 209-667-3442
Email: tnelson@csustan.edu
Web: www.csustan.edu/nelson

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous