Job Posting Forum
| || Principal Experience Researcher || |
| || |
| || || || |
At Sacunas, our research team dives headfirst into a variety of industries to understand their customers, their customers’ customers, and the combined interactions that define an experience – both digitally and in-person.
They uncover users’ deepest needs, drivers and pain-points – always objective and curious about people, processes, and technologies.
The right candidate has a toolkit of qualitative and quantitative research methods that includes data-driven persona and archetype development, ethnographic observation and contextual inquiry, journey mapping, survey design, and usability testing.
They also have a passion for emerging technologies like consumer wellness, AR/VR, and smart products.
PLEASE APPLY IF:
• You know what you’re doing.
You have a degree in a human services discipline: psychology, cognitive science, anthropology, human factors, human computer interaction, sociology, behavioral
economics, etc. You have at least 5 years of experience.
• You keep it real.
• You can design for experiences that solve real world problems. Your strategic vision can work seamlessly – elevating brands across multiple channels and touch-points.
• You are a wonderer and wanderer.
• You live for the scientific method. You have a shelf full of design thinking books. You notice how your favorite restaurant could be laid out more efficiently. You have a passport and are ready to use it, either for a focus group in China or a tradeshow in France.
• You are resourceful.
• You know the art of improvisation when conducting field research and have a backup plan or two. You can field questions from a marketing director, an IT manager, or a CEO. You are equally comfortable interviewing a mechanic, an engineer, or a physician. You are driven, humble, and mentally ambidextrous.
OTHER IMPORTANT SKILLS INCLUDE:
• Leading qualitative studies, specifically conducting contextual and in-depth interviews, developing recruiting matrices and interview guides, performing content analysis, affinity mapping, and other analytic techniques
• Superior qualitative moderation skills for focus groups and one-on-one interviews
• Ability to conduct a variety of stakeholder workshops to define business needs and goals, including: engagement kick-offs, discovery sessions, ideation, participatory design, or prioritization
• Coaching clients and colleagues on appropriate research methodologies
• Superior critical thinking ability in connecting the dots and identifying behavioral patterns in data and leveling-up findings to insights. Generating actionable recommendations and strategic directions, highlighting problems that many may overlook
• Leading usability testing (remote and in-person), evaluations, and card sorts
• Understanding of usability heuristics and relevant HCI literature
• Confidence in presenting research findings to executive stakeholders through engaging presentations
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE IN:
• Customer journey mapping created from ethnographic field research in the context of individuals’ thoughts, behaviors and actions
• User flows, storyboards, and low-fidelity wireframes
• Game-storming methods, collaborative SWOT and cost-benefit analyses
• Competitive landscape analyses, using secondary research to identify industry trends
• Quantitative methods: customer segmentation, survey design and analytics, voice-of-customer feedback platforms, NPS, A/B testing
• Digital, social and/or campaign analytics platforms
• Descriptive statistics: SPSS, R, Excel
AGENCY BENEFITS INCLUDE:
• Flexible work schedule
• Summer flex Fridays
• Mobile working options
• Generous vacation package
• Sponsored events for continued education and team building
• 401K Plan
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please include “Principle Experience Researcher” in the subject line.
| || || |
| || |