Job Posting Forum
| || Director Rising Tide Center/Chair Women's Studies || |
| || |
| || || || |
As Director of Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies (WGS), the candidate will lead this interdisciplinary program offering a major, minor, graduate specialization, and concentration in International Affairs. The Director will work closely with the faculty leadership of the program.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
• A doctorate degree with preference given to the social and behavioral sciences
• Meet the qualifications for tenure at the level of Associate or Professor in the appropriate department (criteria provided at
• Academic and, ideally, administrative experience in the area of gender equality in the academic environment
• Demonstrated strong organizational, verbal and written communication, planning, and analytical skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching
• An active research agenda consistent with the topical focus of this position
• Success in grantsmanship
• Experience in financial and personnel management
• Experience in the study of higher education and/or the workplace
• Rank of Professor
Located in beautiful Central Maine, the University of Maine, Orono is the flagship campus of the University of Maine System. Our faculty report that a primary reason for staying at UMaine is quality of life. Numerous cultural activities, excellent public schools in neighborhoods where children can walk to school, high quality medical care, little traffic, and a reasonable cost of living make the greater Bangor/Orono area a wonderful place to live. The University of Maine is just 60 miles from the Bar Harbor area and Acadia National Park and 2 hours from Portland, offering access to a wealth of outdoor activities and a thriving restaurant and music scene. UMaine is committed to diversity in our workforce and to dual-career couples.
Appropriate background checks are required.
All UMS employees are required to comply with applicable policies and procedures, as well as to complete applicable workplace-related screenings and required employee trainings.
Materials must be submitted via "Apply For Position" at:
You will need to create a profile and application; upload a cover letter and a resume/curriculum vitae which fully describes your qualifications and experiences with specific reference to the required and preferred qualifications; and provide contact information for three professional references. You will also need to complete the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status form. Incomplete application materials cannot be considered. Review of applications has been extended to December 23, 2016, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Maine does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status and gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities.
| || || |
| || |