Job Posting Forum
| || Senior Research Associate || |
| || || || |
|Institution/Organization: ||Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency|
|Job Location: ||Washington, D.C., U.S.A.|
|Contact Person: ||Trisha Chong|
|Date Posted: ||September 29th, 2016|
|Web Site: ||http://www.rescueagency.com|| || || |
| || || || |
Rescue provides behavior change marketing services (or "social marketing") to government, non-profit and corporate organizations. Rescue's current work focuses on tobacco, obesity, violence and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, fresh foods and after school programs; and other products and services that promote healthy living. Most of Rescue's behavior change campaigns focus on teens (13 - 17) and young adults (18 - 26), resulting in an unrivaled experience in behavior change campaigns for those audiences.
Rescue is a full-service agency, providing research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to clients in over a dozen states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good.
We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Senior Research Associate to manage both internal and client-driven research projects. This person will be detail-oriented, organized, highly efficient, flexible, able to take on multiple tasks at once, and work within tight timelines. The ideal candidate has a passion for behavior change and significant experience managing quantitative and qualitative research projects through all stages of the research process.
• Plan and lead research projects, both for clients and for internal purposes;
• Apply best practices of experimental design in planning research studies;
• Lead onsite data collection when applicable;
• Work with non-traditional research partners such as bars and nightclubs for data collection;
• Work with traditional partners such as universities and schools for data collection;
• Develop online studies including participant recruitment strategies;
• Analyze data and write reports for clients;
• Manage client relationships for research projects to ensure overall client satisfaction;
• Manage project contractors, such as data collectors, statisticians, and/or technology partners;
• Further Rescue’s various theories of behavior change by identifying patterns across research projects;
• Prepare and submit abstracts for conferences;
• Prepare and develop manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals;
• Stay up-to-date on research trends and be active in the research community at large to ensure that Rescue’s research practices remain innovative, unique, and of top quality;
• Supervise junior research associates, as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in public health, psychology, sociology, marketing, communications, or related field + 5 years relevant experience OR Master’s Degree + 3 years relevant experience OR PhD + 1 year relevant experience;
• Well-versed and experienced in designing and conducting a broad array of quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research approaches such as positioning/messaging studies, segmentation studies, behavioral studies and creative testing;
• Strong background managing research projects throughout all stages of the research process (designing questionnaires, developing data analysis plans, managing data collection, running analyses, developing final report, presenting to client);
• Experience working in in public health, market research, and/or youth research;
• Strong analytic skills with proven ability to contribute to methodology improvements;
• Strong experience with SPSS or a similar software package;
• Proven ability to express research findings in a graphical format;
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively in teams;
• Experience directly supervising staff;
• Basic understanding of youth and young adult cultures in U.S.
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time Position
Benefits: Learn more about the benefits of working at Rescue here: http://rescueagency.com/careers/
Travel: up to 25% of the time
Minimum Age: Must be 21 y/o or older
If you’re ready to join our team of mission driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue, and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free. Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and computer and Internet access. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Must be able to move boxed work documents (surveys & materials), up to 40 pounds, in and out of office for travel by car and by air.
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
| || || |
| || |