Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Job Posting Forum

Forum Home Page

Click the button below to have new job openings emailed to you when they match criteria you provide. To disable existing alerts or change your earlier preferences, click here.

Search the Forum
Search jobs posted from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Jobs

Endowed Professorship in I/O Psychology
Institution/Organization: University of Texas at Arlington
Job Location: Texas, U.S.A.
Job Type: Tenure-Track
Contact Person: Paul B. Paulus
Date Posted: September 8th, 2014
Web Site: http://www.uta.edu/psychology/

Search Code COS08292014PSYIO

The Industrial and Organizational Psychology Program at he University of Texas at Arlington proudly announces the establishment of three Endowed I/O Professorships created to celebrate the distinguished careers of three generous benefactors:

• The A. Dale Thompson Professor of Leadership
• The C. Lewis Hollweg Professor of Entrepreneurism
• The Phillip C. Roark Professor of Talent Development & Technology

These Endowments represent an unprecedented collaborative achievement between the University and the Dallas-Ft. Worth business community and are an example of the tremendous energy and support that surrounds our growing program. Each Professorship specialization exemplifies a vital aspect of contemporary I/O Psychology. Qualified scholars will benefit from the prestige that is provided by the titled Endowments and will be expected to uphold the values and standards associated with such an honor. The Professorships will be filled consecutively in the next three years.

We invite applications for a full-time tenured appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor. A Ph.D. in I/O Psychology or closely related field (e.g., organizational development, organizational behavior) is required. Candidates should complement and strengthen the current areas of the I/O Program and should focus on an area of specialization pertaining to one of the Endowed Professorships. The successful applicant must have an emerging or developed scholarly reputation. We are interested in individuals with a proven record of excellence in research, teaching, and service, as well as evidence of strong external funding. In addition, qualified individuals are expected to supervise student internships and research (M.S. and Ph.D.) and teach graduate and/or undergraduate courses. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.

Successful individuals will have the unique opportunity to participate in the continued development of the Ph.D. program and a dynamic M.S. I/O program, as well as to become an active member of the newly established Industrial and Organizational Psychology Center. The Center is an emerging entity housed within the Department of Psychology dedicated to “bridging the gap” between science and practice. It is actively supported by a receptive business community and is focused on building and maintaining ongoing collaborative partnerships among students, business leaders, and academic colleagues. This synthesis between industry and academia will provide limitless opportunities for scholarly research and field applications.

The I/O Program at UT Arlington was initiated in 2000 has successfully developed into a thriving MS program, which also offers a Ph.D. in Psychology with an emphasis in I/O. Key to our success has been the development of sustainable working relationships with DFW area businesses. The DFW Metroplex is home to over 10,000 corporate headquarters. Some of the largest Fortune 500 corporations in the world are headquartered here such as Exxon Mobil, AT&T, American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Texas Instruments, and Kimberly-Clark Corp. The area provides many opportunities for field research and consultation. Previous collaborations have included Leadership Worth Following, Insala, Baylor Health, PepsiCo/Frito-Lay, Assess Systems, Bell Helicopter, Occidental Chemical Corporation, and Dallas County Medical Reserve Corps.

UT Arlington, situated on a cloistered, urban campus in the DFW Metroplex area, is a vital and diverse academic community of over 33,000 undergraduate and graduate students working together with faculty committed to outstanding teaching, research and scholarship. It was recently ranked 7th by The Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the fastest-growing public research universities in the U.S.

The Department of Psychology is home to M.S. and Ph.D. programs focusing on several areas of psychology (neuroscience, health, developmental, social/personality, industrial/organizational), as well as a vibrant undergraduate program. Additional information can be found at:

http://www.uta.edu/psychology/

Completed applications should consist of a curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests and goals, a statement of teaching interests and evidence of teaching quality, and the names and contact information of three references.

Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. Inquiries about this position may be directed to Professor Paul Paulus (email paulus@uta.edu; phone 817-272-1206). We prefer applications in Adobe PDF format submitted electronically to Betty Keyes at bkeyes@uta.edu. Print applications can be mailed to I/O Psychology Search Committee, Box 19528, Arlington, TX 76019.

UT Arlington is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists.

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous