Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Job Posting Forum

Forum Home Page

Click the button below to have new job openings emailed to you when they match criteria you provide. To disable existing alerts or change your earlier preferences, click here.

Search the Forum
Search jobs posted from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Jobs

Open Rank Tenure Track I/O Psychologist
Institution/Organization: Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
Job Location: Indiana, U.S.A.
Job Type: Tenure-Track
Contact Person: Leslie Ashburn-Nardo
Date Posted: October 6th, 2011
Web Site: http://science.iupui.edu/careers/psychology-indust...

The Department of Psychology at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) invites applications for a tenure-track position in Industrial-Organizational Psychology (rank open) to begin August 2012.

The I/O program is a highly selective, research-intensive masters program. We are seeking an outstanding researcher and teacher to be the fifth member of the I/O faculty. As the rank is open, both junior and senior candidates are encouraged to apply. The area of specialization is also open, but candidates who are strong in methods/statistics and/or who will create synergistic collaborations within the Department will be given strong consideration. Most importantly, we are looking for faculty who will be able to: (a) maintain a productive research program and seek external funding, (b) demonstrate excellence in teaching and supervising masters and undergraduate students, and (c) be actively involved in our I/O Psychology masters program. Applicants at the Associate or Full Professor level must have a demonstrated record of research excellence, evidence of the ability to generate resources, and a strong record of mentoring students. Tenure may be offered to senior candidates, depending on the candidate's qualifications. For all hires, a reduced initial teaching load and competitive startup funds are provided.

The Department has 25 full-time faculty, 500 undergraduate majors, and approximately 60 graduate students enrolled in programs in Industrial/Organizational (M.S.), Clinical (Ph.D.), and Psychobiology of Addictions (Ph.D.). Additional information about the department and I/O program may be found at:

http://www.psych.iupui.edu/

IUPUI is ranked 5th among "up and coming" universities according to U.S. News and World Report and is a campus renowned for service learning and civic engagement. It is also Indiana's premier urban public research institution, with more than 250 degree programs enrolling over 30,000 students (www.iupui.edu). IUPUI is located near downtown Indianapolis, the twelfth largest city in the United States. The city uniquely combines the cultural amenities of urban life with the residential qualities of smaller communities, and at the same time is highly affordable. As the major center for industry and government within the state, Indianapolis has a wide variety of research and training sites.

Applications from women and from minority candidates are strongly encouraged. IUPUI is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden the academic experience and enrich our university.

Applicants should send electronic copies of a cover letter, a vita, research and teaching statements, and up to three representative publications to psychsc@iupui.edu with "I/O Search" in the subject line. Also, applicants should arrange to have three letters of reference submitted separately by the writers to the same email address. Review of the applications will begin on October 15, 2011, and continue until the position is filled.

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous