Social Psychology Network

Maintained by Scott Plous, Wesleyan University

Job Posting Forum

Forum Home Page

Click the button below to have new job openings emailed to you when they match criteria you provide. To disable existing alerts or change your earlier preferences, click here.

Search the Forum
Search jobs posted from:
to

for the following word(s):

Search Jobs

Industrial-Organizational Asst Prof Tenure Track
Institution/Organization: West Chester University
Job Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Job Type: Tenure-Track
Contact Person: Lauri Hyers
Date Posted: October 20th, 2017
Closing Date: November 15th, 2017
Web Site: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/wcupa/default.cf...

Join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. West Chester University of Pennsylvania invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position beginning August 2018 at the Assistant Professor level in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.

Primary responsibilities include teaching graduate and undergraduate level courses, advising and mentoring graduate and undergraduate students, and working with other faculty and staff in support of our Master's Program. In addition, the faculty member is required to maintain an active program of research involving students at both the graduate and undergraduate level.

Minimum Qualifications

• a Ph.D. in I/O psychology before the start of Fall 2018 semester
• an active program of research studying I/O-related topics
• teaching experience in I/O Psychology to include one or more of the the following: Advanced Organizational Psychology, Stress in the Workplace, Leadership, and Work Motivation at the graduate level and Introduction to I/O Psychology at the undergraduate level
• commitment to teaching undergraduate core courses in the curriculum such as research methods and statistics
• experience and/or willingness to teach in online formats
• ability and willingness to mentor undergraduate and graduate students in I/O research

Special Instructions

Applicants should apply online at https://agency.governmentjobs.com/wcupa/default.cfm and must include all of the following:

• cover letter identifying the courses the applicant is prepared to teach
• curriculum vitae
• no more than 3 reprints or preprints of published articles
• a statement of teaching philosophy
• a statement of research interests
• if available, prior teaching evaluations
• three (3) letters of recommendation; include email addresses for three references; when applying in our system, referees will automatically be sent an email with access to upload letter of recommendation directly to the applicant tracking system
• candidates selected for on-campus interviews will present a colloquium to demonstrate teaching and research excellence

Review of candidates will begin November 15, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must successfully complete the interview process and colloquium to be considered finalists.

ABOUT THE PROGRAM

The Department of Psychology is composed of 24 tenured and tenure-track faculty and serves approximately 850 undergraduate majors and 100 Master's Degree students. The Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology Masters program at West Chester University is designed for students who plan careers in Human Resource areas of business, industry, government, or other organizations. The program also prepares students for doctoral training in I/O and related fields. Our Master's Program educates students in the field of Industrial and Organizational psychology by emphasizing the rigorous study of practical problems facing people in organizations today, conducting applied research and obtaining hands-on practical experience working with organizations.

Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty and staff advances WCU's educational mission and strategic plan, Building on Excellence. WCU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.

All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.

Return to Top

©1996-2024, S. Plous